Celebrating research: Hatchery-reared New Zealand mussels ready for harvest

Cawthron Institute congratulates Sanford Ltd on the upcoming harvest of their hatchery-reared New Zealand Greenshell™ mussels, with Chief Executive Prof. Charles Eason saying he’s proud to see Cawthron research making a continued difference to industry success. The Institute teamed up with Sanford and the Ministry for Primary Industries to support a major scale up their … More Celebrating research: Hatchery-reared New Zealand mussels ready for harvest

In South Punjab: Biggest fish hatchery to be operational by June

More than 80% of construction work at Fazilpur, the largest fish hatchery of South Punjab, has been completed and it is on target to be operational by June. The 220 acre hatchery will produce The fish seed about seven million fish seed to be made available to fish farmers at a cost subsidized by the … More In South Punjab: Biggest fish hatchery to be operational by June

Nofima researchers analyze content of aquaculture sludge

Scientists at Nofima have analyzed sludge from three aquaculture commercial hatcheries through an entire production year, resulting in precise knowledge about the content of the sludge, presented recently in two reports. The analyses show that sludge has a high content of energy, nitrogen and minerals, such as phosphorus. Knowledge about the composition of sludge is … More Nofima researchers analyze content of aquaculture sludge

Australian abalone producer Yumbah Aquaculture acquires EP Aquafeeds

Yumbah Aquaculture has become the only Australian abalone farm to produce and control the supply of its own feed after it bought South Australian based feed manufacturer, EP Aquafeeds. Yumbah Aquaculture has taken a controlling 75 per cent interest in the EP Aquafeeds business with the remaining 25 per cent share of the company remaining … More Australian abalone producer Yumbah Aquaculture acquires EP Aquafeeds

Rajasthan to get first ornamental fish breeding center

Rajasthan will soon have India’s first centre of excellence for breeding ornamental fish at Bisalpur in Tonk district, slated to be operational from July. “We are developing a centre of excellence at Bisalpur at cost of Rs 5 crore with a purpose to establish national and international market in the field. We will breed nearly … More Rajasthan to get first ornamental fish breeding center

Vitamin B-12, and a knockoff version, create complex market for marine vitamins

The New Year is a busy time for pharmacies and peddlers of all health-related products. In the oceans, marine organisms rely on nutrients, too, but the source of their vitamins is sometimes mysterious. An oceanographic sampler, known as a rosette, during a 2013 cruise in the North Pacific. Each bottle contains water from different depths, … More Vitamin B-12, and a knockoff version, create complex market for marine vitamins